Saturday, June 18, 2016

Fuel Quantity Indicator (BFGoodrich)

This time I'm doing some back engineering of this fuel quantity indicator.

Brand: BFGoodrich Aerospace
PN:     10037-4000-0213



The unit is pure digital and it is expecting much more than a capacitance at the input to measure the level of fuel.
The back draw if this unit is that it is totally sealed, so due the fact that I don't have any schematics of this I had to open it cutting the housing.


After tracking the electronic circuits I found out the following:


The testing circuit would be something like this:


This is what I got:



It was great to see the indicator displaying some data!! It toke me quite a lot to know how was working.
I don't have any record of the output signals in the pins 2 and 3, but I can tell that these two signals are quite complex and they are driving the probes that are installed in the fuel tanks.

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. You don't have to cut these gauges to open. Just need a small butane torch and pliers. Takes 2 mins or less to open up.

    ReplyDelete